Greetings! My website has moved to www.jenpalmaresmeadows.com. Please update your bookmark.

Künstlerroman?

A Künstlerroman ([/ˈkʏnstlɐ.roˌmaːn/], German: "artist's novel") is a specific sub-genre of Bildungsroman; it is a novel about an artist's growth to maturity. Mine Kunstlerroman is currently closed to posts. Please visit my new website.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Collaboration: Writers Working Together

Yesterday, I met with Maricar Liberato, a staff writer at Filipinas Magazine, to talk about a collaboration that we've been dreaming about for years.

I met Maricar in 2003, when I was still at San Francisco State University and needed a part-time job. Public transportation can be expensive if you get caught without a ticket! However, I settled for a non-paying internship at Filipinas Magazine and rode the train gratis.

The result: one of the best learning experiences I've ever had and friendships to last a lifetime.

The collaboration: Co-editing a Filipino collection of literature.

This weekend, we did a lot of brainstorming and planning. We have a lot to work on before we next touch base. I came away from our meeting invigorated and excited about our plans.

Expect to see a Call for Submissions here and elsewhere soon.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi Jen! This is a great blog. I look forward to reading more!

Best,

Melissa