Greetings! My website has moved to www.jenpalmaresmeadows.com. Please update your bookmark.

Künstlerroman?

A Künstlerroman ([/ˈkʏnstlɐ.roˌmaːn/], German: "artist's novel") is a specific sub-genre of Bildungsroman; it is a novel about an artist's growth to maturity. Mine Kunstlerroman is currently closed to posts. Please visit my new website.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Pai Gow Poker & Kare Kare

I've been working on an experimental piece about Pai Gow Poker, my favorite table game. It's a lot of fun and totally different than anything I've ever written before. I'm mostly trying out new forms and letting the language take me where it wants.

I'd also like to get an annotated recipe in the works--kare kare has been on the back burner for awhile now.

Writing, writing, writing.
Pai Gow poker (also called Double-hand poker) is an Americanized version of Pai Gow (in that it is played with playing cards bearing poker hand values, instead of Pai Gow's Chinese dominoes).

Kare-kare is a Philippine stew. It is made from peanut sauce with a variety of vegetables, stewed oxtail, beef, and occasionally offal or tripe. Meat variants may include goat meat or (rarely) chicken. It is often eaten with bagoong (shrimp paste), sometimes spiced with chili, and sprinkled with calamansi lime juice.
---Wikipedia

1 comment:

Tanya Regala said...

Hi !

Your kare kare looks really delicious!

I'm collecting a list of the best kare kare recipes in my blog, and I included your kare kare recipe (just a link though, hope you don't mind). You can see it at http://kumain.com/kare-kare-2/

Keep in touch!