Greetings! My website has moved to www.jenpalmaresmeadows.com. Please update your bookmark.

Künstlerroman?

A Künstlerroman ([/ˈkʏnstlɐ.roˌmaːn/], German: "artist's novel") is a specific sub-genre of Bildungsroman; it is a novel about an artist's growth to maturity. Mine Kunstlerroman is currently closed to posts. Please visit my new website.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Steven Church Reading @ CSUS Bookstore: March 8

Steve Church is coming to Sacramento State to give a Fictional Reading of Memoir and other strange narrative extrapolations on Monday, March 8 at noon at the Hornet Bookstore, second floor. Free Open to the public.

He is the tall and mad author of The Guiness Book of Me, The Day after the Day and Theoretical Killings.

STEVEN CHURCH was born and raised in Lawrence, Kansas. He earned his BA in philosophy at the University of Kansas and his MFA in Creative Writing from Colorado State University.

He has worked as a fry cook, a tour guide, a Bobcat operator, a maintenance man, a housepainter, a barista, a conflict mediator, an academic adviser, a teacher.

His essays and stories have been published or are forthcoming in the Colorado Review, The North American Review, Interim, Fourth Genre, River Teeth, Post Road, Quarterly West, and others. His work has been thrice nominated for a Pushcart Prize. His first book, The Guinness Book of Me: a Memoir of Record, was released in 2005 by Simon & Schuster.
--------------------------

I studied with Steve Church at CSU Summer Arts in Fresno back in 2008. Check him out if you can!

1 comment:

twosongbirdspress said...

I wish I could go hear him; I heard so many great things after my friends attended the Fresno Summer Arts with him.
I'm going to rush out of my morning meeting and see if there's any chance!